Our dedicated staff are available M to F 8am - 8pm to provide you with concierge level service. So call us toll free at (855) 642-4438 and let us help you find what you want, when you want it and at a price you can afford!
Today’s another scorcher! How hot is it? This summer, friends who tell me they’re “always cold” -- aren’t. That’s too hot!
Wait a minute. Instead of bemoaning triple-digit temps, let’s talk Christmas instead. (Don’t you feel cooler already?)
"Wonder how a “Christmas in July” backyard bash would go over,? I thought to myself earlier today. So, I polled the expert of the family -- our teenage son. “What would you like if we had a ‘Christmas in July’ party?”, I cheerily asked.
“Presents," was his quick reply.
Rather than recreate the December family traditions July-style, why not make new ones?
- Decorate the house! (Forget the tree this time.) Simple accents can set the mood. Pull out seasonal tealight holders, put out decorative place mats, a Santa figurine or two.
Throw a Christmas movie marathon costume party. Award prizes for the cutest Rudolph, authentic Santa, etc. Best dressed gets dibs on the first movie choice!
- Invite your neighbors over for a Christmas carol sing. In the air-conditioning, of course! Serve hot fudge sundaes and save the hot cocoa for December.
- Light a scented jar candle like Cinnamon Roll, Snickerdoodles, and Chocolate Chip Cookie. Folks will think you've been doing your holiday baking -- without the heat!
- Have a snowman building contest. With marshmallows! Vanilla icing “glue” and and candy features, rather than carrots and coal.
- Or, try this fav from our house: make gingerbread houses the fast way. (No firing up the oven for this one.) Graham crackers, tub icing, and lots of candy (any kind!) and imagination can result in a fun, edible dwelling for those marshmallow snowmen.